"Al-Qaeda and the Taleban are in retreat, the surge has worked in Iraq and Islamism is discredited. Not a bad haul" (read story)
[Hat tip to Stogie at Saberpoint]
American and Iraqi forces are driving Al-Qaeda in Iraq out of its last redoubt in the north of the country in the culmination of one of the most spectacular victories of the war on terror.
After being forced from its strongholds in the west and centre of Iraq in the past two years, Al-Qaeda’s dwindling band of fighters has made a defiant “last stand” in the northern city of Mosul.Read the rest HERE
Folks, whatever our views on the war may be, we ought to revolt against news media who flatly fail to do their job--report then news, editorialize else' whar'. All ya'll liberals, doan ya' care that censorship is thrown over ya like a hood?
Here are some thangs to keep in mind:
1. The "war on Islamists" is OLD. It predates our nationhood. President Tom Jefferson battled the infidel in Africa ...AND engaged in "regime change" by unseating one pirate thug brother and installin' another more favorable to our vision of freedom. GWB did not start this thang.
2. Jimmy Carter was such a wimpy-butted slacker that his wishy-washy policies INVITED the Islamic bullies to take a swipe at us--an' they did. (That was in the 70's ya'll)
3. Clinton admits he did not handle Al-Queda and OBL correctly--in other words, he failed us as commander in chief--failed to protect us, an' THAT is why we had 9-11.
4. FOR TEN YEARS (since Gulf War I) the UNITED NATIONS insisted that Saddam had WMD in Iraq--thas' right folks...GWB did not invent or make up the idea of Saddam's WMD. The info was already held by the UN. (Full disclosure: Aunty's work is often in bowel of the East River Beast (UN). )
5. I'se cool wif' folks who thaink that the war was ill advised--mebbe that case can be made. I can roll wif' that. But mah gut says the trouble is NOT an ill advised war, but a war too tentatively engaged. Try not to go to war, but iffin' ya goes--git the job DONE ASAP. No kitty-footin' around.
6. This is a war that ain't goin' away. We cannot make "peace" wif Islam. We would like to-but they ain't havin' it.
They see their salvation as conversion of all ya'll--by force iffin' they have to. They started this war LONG before the ground was poked and oil came out.
The war is NOT ABOUT OIL. (yes, there is a war for oil--and economic and geopolitical diplomatic war over oil...but sports fans, even if that were resolved, the Islamists is STILL COMIN' fer ya'! ) For Islam, oil is a tool to use, not the goal. The goal is to submit every human to Allah and Sharia law.
Sooner or later, the West will have to deal wif this reality. People who pretend tha' CNN can make the war go away or Obama can make it go away is guilty of criminal negligence against they families and they chillen's.
I'se good wif the truth that we can disagree about the HOW --but people, please, fer mercy sake, we gotta git it together: This is a battle we must engage and win.