Read it an' weep, sports fans. This is by Laura Hollis of Townhall:
I am tired of all the dancing around the subject with respect to Barack Obama’s political, social, and economic views. He’s not a “liberal,” or a “Democrat,” or a “progressive,” or even a “socialist.” Let’s call it what it is, shall we? It’s time to use the “C” word. His policies are communist, pure and simple.
(ya'll 'member how Aunty done said fer months that Obama is a Marxist--the whole Saul Alinsky thang? 'Member that?)
Even without the power of the Presidency, a filibuster-proof Senate, and U.S. Supreme Court appointments under his belt, Obama has already:
* called for a national citizen military force;
* sent government agents to intimidate American citizens who have said they don’t agree with him and will not vote for him;
* tried to use the offices of state Attorneys General to silence any opposition or dissent;
* offered questionable “support” for the Second Amendment “right to bear arms” – as long as it isn’t in self-defense;
* proposed his version of “from each according to his ability, to each according to his need;” (plumbers – plumbers, for pity’s sake, should pay more taxes???)
* trained, funded and utilized organizations like ACORN that are notorious for voter registration fraud;
* consorted with and funded terrorists and anti-American radicals;
* attended a church led by a racist, black supremacist, anti-American bigot;
* been mentored by Frank Marshall Davis, who was apparently not only a Communist and a bigot, but also a pervert, and who warned Obama not to go off to college or fall for “equal opportunity and the American way and all that s***.”
Despite concerted efforts by the media to hide this information, Obama’s connections with the Communist Party have been unearthed by independent investigators, journalists and bloggers. And like clockwork, Obama apologists and handlers are trying to assuage the public’s concerns with assurances that Obama is “not that radical;” he knows that “socialism is dead;” he is a pragmatist, not an ideologue.
Uh-huh. Sure. Well, they got the “pragmatist” part right, anyway. Obama’s immersion in the philosophy of Saul Alinsky has made him a master of political pragmatism. Conservatives make another fundamental error when they wonder why Obama is heralding policies like higher taxes that have been proven, time and time again, to fail. Newsflash: You don’t get it. It’s not that Obama is ignorant, or misguided. He knows – as do his Red backers – that the policies he espouses will cause further economic trauma. This is deliberate. Because the worse things get, the more receptive the public will be to Obama’s & Co.’s honey-tongued assurances that the government will step in and “make it all better.” Look at Hurricane Katrina, and the recent financial crisis: how many people were clamoring for the government to “do something”? And that’s nothing compared to what we’re going to face when Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid collapse.
Obama’s colleagues are shrewd; they know that they have little chance of taking over all of private enterprise by force. Instead, they want the public to hand it over to them, bit by bit.
Even the briefest study of Communist Party ideology dating back to the 1930s reveals a concerted campaign to infiltrate and destroy the United States from within, by gaining control of the universities, of the media, of primary and secondary school, of the courts, and ultimately the entire government. Joseph McCarthy’s monumentally bad rap notwithstanding, dozens of former spies have come forward, as have the documents, attesting to the Party’s intentions. When the Soviet Union fell in 1989, those ideas pretty much went the way of the dodo in Russia, but they have been alive and well in this country for 80 years. People like William Ayers are proof. Continued...